CanNet Self-Installation Guide for Cable Internet
Join our growing list of customers who easily and quickly self-install our cable internet services, and are enjoying our services.
With our 24/7 support, you can reach out to us anytime and we will assist you with your issue while you install your modem.
First of all, make sure you have the following items –
2. Coax Cable
3. Ethernet Cable
4. Power Adapter
*If you don’t have your own Wi-Fi router then you can get one from us with a rental fee of $5 per month.
The modem should be elevated form the ground and not be covered or in a closed environment, and should be kept away from other electronic appliances if possible.
Steps to set up your Modem
1. First locate the cable jack and then connect your modem to the working coax outlet in your home using the coaxial cable provided.
2. Connect the modem to the power cord or adaptor provided and then plug into an electrical outlet
3. Once you turn ON your modem, your modem’s status indicator lights will turn ON too.
4. The modem is online, once the @ symbol stops flashing and remains lit.
Steps to set up your Wi-Fi
1. Connect your Wi-Fi Router to the modem and the electrical outlet. (This is a very important step as without connecting the router you won’t be able to use Wi-Fi)
2. After few minutes, the modem will be online, once the light stops flashing and remains lit.
3. Turn on the Wi-Fi on your device & search and select to the Wi-Fi network. The Wi-Fi network name and password are usually on the bottom or backside of the Wi-Fi router.
4. Start using your internet by connecting to the Wi-Fi using your phone or mobile device.
In case, you are sharing a coax cable outlet for your modem and TV, use the splitter with an additional coax cable to connect your modem.
Please refer to the Self-Installation video guide for more detailed help using graphics.
If you come across any difficulties or need assistance with the self-installation, please reach out to us –
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 1-800-208-7798